This plaque reads:
Squire Silas Stone emigrated with his family from Iowa in 1853 and settled half mile east of this marker. The pioneer's home stood nearby until 1957. His son Albert eventually expanded the ranch to 800 acres and gave the family name to present day Stone Valley.
Dedicated April 1st, 1978 by the Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13
E Clampus Vitus