This plaque reads:
San Ramon Valley Historical Society
Site of the J.M. Jones House
(Former Francisco Garcia Adobe)
John M. & Mary Ann Smith Jones lived at this location from 1851 - 1866. They came out west in a prairie schooner. Here John opened the onlypost office between Martinez and Mission San Jose on May 18, 1852. Mary Ann was his deputy while here husband traveled on horseback as the county assessor.
This plaque dedicated September, 1985